To some it's obvious, but to others it's alien. Do we dilute it in water? Do we rap about his hair? How do you use shampoo bars? In reality, it's very simple: just scrub!
Solid shampoo is actually very similar to bottled shampoo. The difference is that we make it liquid directly in our hair! To learn more about shampoo bars and their benefits, find our explainer here:
SO! How to use the shampoo bar?
1. Wet your hair
First, we wet our hair. Solid shampoo likes water as much as its liquid cousin.
2. Rub the shampoo bar
You have two options here:
- Gently rub the bar directly onto your hair, from root to tip. ( This is our team's favorite option! 😁)
- Or, rub it between your hands to create lather, then apply that lather to your hair.
3. Massage your scalp
It's time to massage, like you would with bottled shampoo! Distribute the product over your entire scalp with your fingers.
4. Rinse thoroughly
Rinse your hair until all the suds are gone. You will see, your hair will be super clean, without residue.
Do you really foam that?
Have you ever used a shampoo bar and came away dissatisfied ? “It doesn’t foam!” ".
Of course, not all shampoos are created equal, but from experience, they are all generally very lathering. Often, the problem is rather that we didn't wet our hair properly. Our hair naturally tends to be hydrophobic when oily, and therefore prevents the formation of foam.
I advise rubbing the bar a little, rinsing, then washing your hair completely. This “pre-wash” would remove the first layer of fat which prevents foaming.
Tips and advice for using shampoo bars
- Product Savings: With solid shampoo, a little goes a long way. No need to use a lot, because it is ultra concentrated!
- Drying: Let your shampoo bar air dry to prevent it from melting too quickly.
- Travel: The shampoo bar is perfect for traveling. No worries about leaks or fluid restrictions on the plane.
The best Quebec shampoo bars
Well, better is not necessarily guaranteed, but we are particularly proud of the shampoos that are available on our platform. Now that you know how to use shampoo bars, it's time to get one! We really believe that these are ideal products to transition to bar shampoo. We had the chance to test them all personally and we are really fans! You can shop them here 👈